Leadership Team Program (Richmond, CA - Summer 2019)
Build, improve, and sustain leadership excellence through Accelerate Institute's Leadership Team Program
What is the Leadership Team Program?
Accelerate Institute and the Chamberlin Family Foundation have partnered to deliver a unique and transformative leadership development program designed to grow and develop assistant principals, deans, and instructional coaches in Richmond, CA. The goal is to provide Richmond leaders with practical, day-to-day strategies they will use to improve leadership practice in their schools and accelerate academic learning for students.
Leadership Team Program includes:
• Academic foundation: 4-day bootcamp in Chicago, IL
• Ongoing professional development: 5 workshops throughout the 2019-20 school year in Richmond, CA
• Deep understanding of the research behind leadership in gap-closing schools
• Practical, day-to-day strategies to improve leadership practice in your school
• Learning is grounded in a cohort experience
What Will You Learn?
1. Managing a Data-Driven Culture
2. Leading Effective Teams
3. Internalizing Patterns of Success
When: Summer - July 15-18, 2019
Forums - September 24, 2019; November 19, 2019; January 28, 2020;
March 24, 2020; May 12, 2020
Where: Summer - Chicago, IL
Forums - Richmond, CA
Cost: Full cost of the program (including: flight, hotel, materials) is funded through a generous grant from the Chamberlin Family Foundation
• Currently employed as a leadership team member at a district or charter school in Richmond, CA
• Approval from principal/direct supervisor to participate in the summer bootcamp and Richmond workshops
Applications are due June 1, 2019 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have questions, please contact Jamar Beyonu, Director of Talent, at email@example.com or Erin Brooks, Senior Director of Talent and Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.